Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Home Home Home Home HomeHomeHomeHome Home Home
Friday, November 26, 2010
1 comments

Not many people turned out for horse rides on Thanksgiving Day. Who wants to ride a horse when your stuffed silly, after all? We had 3 riders so we cut the day off early and we ended up getting the best of both worlds. Thanks to our friends, the Pfeiffer's, we had a lovely Thanksgiving dinner and hung out at their house the rest of the day with their family. The kids hung out with their kids and we sat around talking.

It was a fairly busy day today. 30 riders -- we met all kinds of nice and interesting people, as usual. It was quite chilly all day today though...not terrible but tomorrow may be a different story. It is supposed to get down to 21 degrees tonight! Ugh...I hate cold weather.

We all had to endure my son trying to feed us opossum tonight. He trapped a opossum and skinned it today and saved the meat. He cooked it on the fire tonight. The opossum is ready for taxidermy now! UGH...When he gets the money for these forms, I don't know what we are going to do with all these stuffed animals everywhere. He tends to get very intense about whatever it is that he is into. He already has plans for a raccoon next. The guy in town that processes dear said he threw out a whole bunch of hooves yesterday from deer he processed and that his taxidermist makes thermometers out of them. Michael can have the stuff they throw out. I don't know if I should tell Michael that or he'll be wanting to make a trip to town to load our trunk with deer hooves. Sigh....

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments: to “


  • 11:50 AM  

    I had a job at a craft store at his age and just worked on the weekends since I was in high school. It was good money-enough for clothes, outings with my friends, etc. Used to be REALLY shy when I started but it gave me great skills and confidence that I've carried through my life. Not to mention the discount was useful! Having a part time job like that and setting up a direct deposit bank account might be just the ticket for him and is a great way to finance his hobby!

Buttons to take if you'd like to link to my blog

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Blog Archive

Contact Info:

Contact Info:
summerysmile@yahoo.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP