Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Home Home Home Home HomeHomeHomeHome Home Home
Sunday, November 27, 2011
3 comments

I've been searching for a really quick and easy shawl pattern. I've never made a shawl before because I just don't have much use for them personally. I have a friend that is a big Ebay seller and she told me she can get a lot for a crocheted vintage looking shawl with fringe and if I made one, she can sell it for me. So I figure, what the hey..it's worth a shot. I found one that I've started on so I guess that's what I'll work on while I'm waiting to get the yarn to finish my Prairie Star Afghan.

There's no time for crocheting today though because of our little Axis Deer. She tamed up very quickly last night. She takes great comfort in us now. She is soooo sweet. She loves to lick and be scratched. She ended up staying in the house last night...yes, we are suckers. It was really cold last night and we figured it's easier for her body to concentrate on healing itself when she's not wasting energy on shivering to stay warm. Michael slept on the couch in the living room and she slept on the floor. Someone needed to be there in case she tried to get up because she falls down. Then you have to get her situated back in a comfy position. Michael said he woke up about 4 times when she tried to get up. It is encouraging because she does seem better and stronger today! I really would like to see a happy ending for once in one of these endeavors! We took her outside today and let her try to stand. She actually stood for a little while by herself once we got her back feet situated right....she seems much better than she did yesterday.

We do think she may have a break just above one of the back hooves because it bends the wrong way when she tries to stand on it. So we made a splint and put it on it. Maybe the little girl will be able to walk even if with a limp. Tonight, she's even more calm and relaxed in the house. She seems quite content and happy in my living room! Ha! She just sits there and looks around...eats and drinks. She's hardly trying to get up now. We can do whatever around her tonight and she doesn't seemed phased by it.

Today is my birthday ... I, um, got a REAL LIVE DEER for my birthday from Michael! LOL -- No, really though...Michael got me a padded Chef's Mat to put in front of the kitchen sink. It was a really busy day today. The ferrier came this morning and the owner's are out of town so Jeff had to move horses from the pasture next door. More horses than normal to deal with today. He was supposed to have Jury Duty today but he called and they had cancelled it! Good news but he had to go to Kerrville instead to fill out applications for two jobs he's applying for. We're hoping one of the two will pan out... gotta do what we gotta do.

Tonight, the kids surprised me with a cake after dinner!


Apparently Alison stayed up late after I went to bed last night to bake the cake. Alison gave me a gift...some really pretty iron horse head book ends.


I love my family....

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



3 comments: to “


  • 11:18 AM  

    Hi. Tried your ritz chicken dinner and loved it. Good recipe.
    It nice of you to take care of the poor deer.
    Happy birthday!
    Oh and I hope your husband gets a job soon!


  • 3:40 PM  

    The new deer is such a lovely gift. :)


  • 7:56 PM  

    Thanks, Crochet Blogger! And Jean, I'm always happy to find a new recipe that my family likes so I'm glad you liked the recipe!
    Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Buttons to take if you'd like to link to my blog

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Blog Archive

Contact Info:

Contact Info:
summerysmile@yahoo.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP