Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Home Home Home Home HomeHomeHomeHome Home Home
Monday, August 16, 2010
0 comments

I worked in the Visitor's Center today and then did 4 large loads of laundry for the rest of the day. The rest of the family was working at the stables. Then they all went to explore a cave. I was just too tired this evening and still working on laundry when they called to say they were going exploring.

We're trying to figure out how to let Alison off working tomorrow long enough to get together with a girl she met at the stables last week. She's here visiting her grandmother. I think Alison will be able to leave and go swimming at the river after the first two rides tomorrow.

I've got all the school work lined out now and just finished up ordering the last subject, Language Arts, today. We did extensive Grammar last year and the kids learned a lot. I've always wanted to try a literature approach to Language Arts so we're going to live Total Language Plus a try this year. It looks good online and it can be used with different age kids so I ordered one study and if we like it we'll order another study. I had it narrowed down between that at Quality Character Language Arts which we may still use next year. So, we've got Biology, American History, Civil War History, Pre-Algebra, Language Arts which includes our vocabulary, writing, grammar and literature in it. I think we've got the Agriculture, PE, Shop, and Art and even a little business covered just by working and being at the stables! LOL I'll be getting Alison registered for ballet in the next week or so. I feel pretty good about the school year and am starting to feel anxious to get started after things settle down around here.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments: to “

Buttons to take if you'd like to link to my blog

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Blog Archive

Contact Info:

Contact Info:
summerysmile@yahoo.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP