Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Home Home Home Home HomeHomeHomeHome Home Home
Monday, August 02, 2010
2 comments

Today was Jeff and the kids first day on their own at the stables. They got home late tonight at about 8:00 pm. I worked in the visitor's center and then came home and started the very large mountain of laundry. I cooked dinner and they ate and told me their horse and rider stories of the day. Jeff and Michael left for the front gate to get some park hours in. Jeff has to start getting up a lot earlier now to get in to feed the horses. Ryan has been doing that up until now. I'm not sure what time he's planning on getting started in the mornings now but I know the horses eat for an hour once you throw the hay and they have to start saddling at 7:30 am. I told Alison she could go in early and help daddy feed and then go over to the little house and take a nap until it's time to start saddling. Well, this won't go on a whole lot longer because the summer will be over before we know it! They will only take out rides by reservation in the fall.

I'm not setting my alarm in the morning...though I know I won't be able to sleep late, I'm sure gonna try! I don't technically HAVE to go into the stables tomorrow but the rest of my family will be there so I'll probably end up there anyway.

I may never have time to crochet again it feels like! I'm pretty sure I feel a hat phase coming on though. I saw some yarn in Wal-Mart this weekend and found myself thinking what a nice hat it would make. Well, I didn't buy the yarn but I definately need to go look at my yarn soon! At least I have it here with me storage now. I need to finish this blanket I've got started and then move on to those quicker, smaller projects. Fall and winter will slow the pace around here considerably.

Hope everyone has a great week!

____________________________________________________________
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. -- Arthur Schopenhauer

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



2 comments: to “


  • 10:15 AM  

    Lisa,

    Sounds like all of you are having a great time. I love reading about your adventures. If you get near Blanco come see me I have a large Bag of yarn.

    Denise


  • 9:22 PM  

    Thanks Denise! We really are enjoying ourselves and so happy to be ouof Houston! Yarn? Did you say, Yarn? lol.... I will definately give you a call anyway if we get to Blanco ever. I would like to come and visit my mom and dad's graves.

Buttons to take if you'd like to link to my blog

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Blog Archive

Contact Info:

Contact Info:
summerysmile@yahoo.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP