Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Home Home Home Home HomeHomeHomeHome Home Home
Friday, March 04, 2011
3 comments

So we decided to take a walk down by the river today.

We to go see our crazy kids swim in the river. They seem to think it's warm enough to swim now and have been jumping in on sunny days. They are "training" for summer and starting on their hand callouses (from the ropes). We found them....


Okay so I'm having a slow down on the afghan because I lack space. I want to sew them together with the colors spread out. It's hard to spread it all out. I'm going to have to spread it out sometime and then actually mark the hexagons somehow on what order to sew them together in so I can start sewing without having to keep spreading them out all over again. So anyway, that's slowing me down. In the meantime, I have been weaving ends in and getting them ready to sew.

Tomorrow is Saturday. We have plans to go to the thrift store where they are having a bag sale. Then we're going to take a drive. There's some land that's reasonably priced and we just want to see what its like out there.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



3 comments: to “


  • 11:46 AM  

    Could you take photos of each hexagon and then spread out the photos instead of the actual hexagons?


  • 6:57 PM  

    I had to sit there and think about what you were saying before I actually figured out what you were talking about! No, I can't really do that because it wouldn't be cost effective for me to print the photos. It is a good idea though! I think I'm going to put them in the order I want and then safety pin numbers to them.


  • 11:00 PM  

    When I lay out granny squares, I want the colors to match up, and the fasten-offs to go in the same direction.
    So, I place them the way I want them on a big table, then tie them together with a contrast color yarn.
    Then I can sew or slip stitch the seams as one unit. I cut the color knots as I get to them.
    It's hard to describe, but really works for me.

Buttons to take if you'd like to link to my blog

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Blog Archive

Contact Info:

Contact Info:
summerysmile@yahoo.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP