Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Home Home Home Home HomeHomeHomeHome Home Home
Sunday, June 13, 2010
1 comments

No near death experiences or exciting adventures to report today. We just went into town to get groceries. We actually had to put two things back because we didn't have enough money to buy them today. It wasn't actually something we needed at the moment though...it was just a good deal on the detergent. I was thinking tonight...Wow, God provided for us this week to get groceries. Jeff hadn't had any jobs recently but this week they need him to replace the faucet and put the water heater in. That money paid for our groceries. We have everything we need now.

Wow, I found out I don't have to work at the visitor's center tomorrow! I'm trading days with another park host. I haven't had two days off in a row so I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to be cooking up some stuff tomorrow. Alison has been wanting chicken and dumplings for awhile. It's her favorite. I haven't been up to it but since I'm off again tomorrow I'm going to make it for dinner tomorrow night. It's not really hard...its just a little bit of trouble. I don't like it made with canned bisquits either. The only way I will make it is with the rolled out dumplings cut into strips like my mama used to do it. I loved hers when I was a kid too. I'm also going to make hot sauce AND green sauce. Everyone always asked where the hot sauce is when I've made green sauce a couple of times in the RV. I used to make both at home but it's a pain to wash the food processor by hand. I seem to wash dishes 24/7 in an attempt to keep that tiny little sink empty....but generally its not, but not for lack of trying!

I've made a lot of progress on my baby blanket tonight because I was off the computer. I let Alison use my computer tonight because her computer really doesn't work well here in the park. The internet connection is super slow and its hard to do much. I can't really complain though since its free! When i get a little more of this blanket done, I'm going to try to get started on the hammock. It's a little hard to get started on that one. Once I get going, I'll be good..but its going to be a big project so i don't want to get ahead of myself. Also, I'm thinking about whipping out some can coozies out of plastic bag yarn. I wonder if those would sell in the gift shop? People come here with pockets full of money to blow while their on vacation....and um...drink lots of beer too. I've held more hundred dollar bills in a week around here than I have in a lifetime (when I worked at Randalls!)

Well, people that pray...please pray that something breaks through for us soon on the job front for Jeff. God is taking care of us, that I know, but unless He's planning on sending manna from heaven, Jeff needs a job or lots of jobs soon! It will be a year at the end of July that he's been without work!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments: to “


  • 7:47 AM  

    Can you post your recipes? Or if not post them, then email me? I would love to try them!!

Buttons to take if you'd like to link to my blog

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Blog Archive

Contact Info:

Contact Info:
summerysmile@yahoo.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP