Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Home Home Home Home HomeHomeHomeHome Home Home
Thursday, May 19, 2011
3 comments

Here I sit back at the Visitor's Center accessing the internet. Life is busy. The park is planting 80 some-odd new trees. We are taking on the job of watering them at least every other day. They only have half of them planted right now. It took Jeff & Michael about 2 hours to put 5 gallons of water on them yesterday. We're getting our 24 hours a week of volunteer hours in the park and also trying to make the mad rush to get stuff done we need to get done before Memorial Weekend when summer season starts and we work every day at the stables. Jeff has two outside jobs he wanted to do. Also, we are close to homelessness. The stables are putting in an RV site for us but time is running out. Jeff is out running around trying to find information about what kind of electricity cable they need to run. He said it looks like it might be expensive. Anyway...we'll just wait and take it as it comes I guess. Not much else we can do at this point in time. The park is pretty full and it doesn't look like they have a spot for us for the whole summer.

Michael is into a new craft right now. He's now making stuff out of leather.




He's quite good at it. It's pretty expensive to get supplies though. He put in an application for a job at the State Park. He checked on his application yesterday and the park superintendent said they'll let him know in about a week. They have budget cuts going on right now but he said they are thinking about letting someone go. It will be great for Michael if he gets that job. It will be his first real job and the pay is good for a kid his age. It's over minimum wage and he'll get lots of hours in the sumer. I told him if he does a good job, he could eventually get hired on full time and that's a great job out here. You are working for the state and get benefits. It's a good job for someone like Michael. His picture is on the Texas Outdoor Family facebook page from when he helped them when they were here a few weeks ago. He said that counts as his yearly picture! He hates having his picture taken!

The river is very low and the kids are trying to milk the last bit of swimming out of it. People keep saying they will eventually shut the river down if we don't get rain soon. Everything is dead or dying. Pray for rain for us!

Well, I'm still working on my cross stitch. I got me a magnifier to hang around my neck so that helps. I miss crocheting though. I love thread crochet but I'm not very good at it. I was tinkering around with the thread on the snowflakes but I've been looking around at my patterns for a pretty but easy doily pattern. I don't want a lot of clusters or treble crochets. I'm not that good at working with thread so I want to stick with basic stitches right now. I finally found this one!



It's an interesting design but only has basic stitches. I started on it this afternoon and so far so good. It should be my best doily yet. I've only made two others before and on my first one, my stitches were much too loose.

Here's a fun picture of Michael at the stables:

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



3 comments: to “


  • 12:47 AM  

    The leather goods are gorgeous!!! He freehands all that?


  • 9:55 AM  

    Hope you guys find a permanent spot to be in soon.I'm sure something will come up!!
    I too have tried thread and my stitches are too loose too.
    It is really hard on the eyes. I have done a couple of bookmarks, and they turned out not too bad.
    All I know is my work does not look like other peoples doily's sigh.But I won't give up yet!


  • 2:35 PM  

    Thanks, Jean! I'm surprisingly not stressing too bad over the situation.

    ..and I'm almost done with my doily! I can't wait to post pictures of it. I'm so happy that it's turning out so well -- finally!

    Needle Woman...Thanks! I know I couldn't do it but Michael free handed the horse on the wallet but the others he has a pattern for the basic shapes. You add the details without a pattern though. It's only a matter of time before he's patternless completely...he's too creative to be bound by a silly pattern! LOL

Buttons to take if you'd like to link to my blog

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Blog Archive

Contact Info:

Contact Info:
summerysmile@yahoo.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP