Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Home Home Home Home HomeHomeHomeHome Home Home
Friday, May 27, 2011
4 comments


Yay! I finished my doily! I'm so proud of it! I can't believe how fast I was able to make that! It took me less than two weeks. I think I could finish one in a week on a normal schedule without all the dance rehearsals I had last week. I have another pattern I want to try but I may try to get a little more done on my cross stitch before I start another one...then, again, I may not have time to work on much of anything since we start working at the stables full time starting tomorrow.

Looks like we will be in the state park for at least another week or two. Jeff went to town and came home with an 18 foot trailor loaded with pipe on Wednesday. He was down there all day today at the stables the getting the water lines put in for the sites. Jeff talked to the park today and they said we are fine right now and they don't have anyone coming to our site right now so that's good. We're just going to have to about kill ourselves trying to get all those trees watered when we get home in the evenings from the stables. I helped Jeff water the trees last night. THAT was not EASY! We had to double the water yesterday (2 buckets per tree). It's hard to find water hydrants when there are campers everywhere so we had to haul 5 gallon buckets to most of the trees. There are 50 something trees to water! The park is supposed to be getting a big 250 gallon water tank for us to haul in a truck. That will make it a lot easier.

Boy, is it hot here! The past 3 days have been over 100 degrees and heat indexes of over 104 degrees. I'm having a hard time keeping the RV cool. We only have one AC and it has a really hard time keeping up on these extremely hot days. Today, I went and jumped in the river with Alison to cool off. Someone stole our tube while we were there.

Well, hopefully we'll have a busy day tomorrow at the stables! I hope the heat doesn't keep people away! Will update when I can!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



4 comments: to “


  • 10:00 AM  

    Love the doily. I used to make a lot of doilies, but the old eyes aren't what they used to be! :) Have you finished you star coverlet? I'd love to see a photo of the finished project. I just started one and love it so far! Hope the weather cools down for you some!


  • 11:18 AM  

    Wow! That doily is great looking. My stitches seem so loose when I try this.I am happy you are able to still stay in the park.
    Now I half to try a doily too again!!!
    Keep posting more work, I like to see what you have made.


  • 12:02 AM  

    Oh my... The doily is so beautiful! I love it so! Your thread crochet really inspires me! Adorable!!!
    Hope you have a great weekend! xoxo


  • 6:12 AM  

    Good work Lisa! Is this a free pattern online?

Buttons to take if you'd like to link to my blog

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Blog Archive

Contact Info:

Contact Info:
summerysmile@yahoo.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP