Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Home Home Home Home HomeHomeHomeHome Home Home
Saturday, August 27, 2011
1 comments

For those of you that are interested in trying the crocodile stitch, here is a lovely pattern with lots of explanations. White Crocodile Purse I think this one is even nicer than the one that I made. The one I made wasn't much of a pattern really. It was just a front and a back whip stitched together and then the handle sewed on.

Well, besides watering the trees, we put a bunch of hours in at the park yesterday. A few campers trickled in but not many. Jeff cleaned out fire pits and I picked up trash in our campground. Oh, I think he likes to drive the tractor!

He and Michael had started on the fire pits last week and then Jeff did it for about 3 hours yesterday and we still aren't finished with our campground. We are going to to try to get our campground all cleaned up and mowed before we move out of here after Labor Day. We are not leaving the park, but we are going to move to a different spot. It's going to be tricky to get the spot we want. We have to move into it quickly as soon as the park hosts that are in there now leave which means we may have to postpone our trip we have planned. It's a popular spot and when I found out that I can pick up the internet there, we decided we wanted to grab it. The people that are in it are supposed to be leaving the Thursday or Friday following Labor Day weekend.

Well, I've been rummaging through my afghan patterns and I think I might try making a fisherman afghan but I found out I didn't buy enough yarn! I'm going to have to go back through and grab some more on our way out of town when we go visit Jeff's parents. I HOPE I can make one. If it gets to frustrating for me, I might give up. This is going to be a challenge. I decided a fisherman afghan would be a good choice for me since I get bored so easily. I'm afraid if I pick some monotonous afghan pattern, I will never finish it and I absolutely hate having unfinished projects. I do like the Caron yarn I bought though! I can't afford pricey yarn and Red Heart is so scratchy. This Caron One Pound I bought is pretty soft and seems great for the price! This might be my new yarn of choice. I've been looking for something ever since the Simply Soft went up in price, I won't buy it. I used to buy it all the time. I still have a WHOLE lot of it in my stash though.

Well, we have rides at the stables today so Jeff and Alison are working up there. I am working at the visitor's center until 3 pm. Jeff's parents are coming and they should be getting here later this afternoon. They are only staying one night though.

My son, Michael, is trying to start an online "Etsy" shop to sell his leather work. He's finding he has to have a bank account so he tried to open a bank account today but he has to have a photo ID to get one. He's about to get his driver's permit but I don't know if he'll have a photo ID until he gets his real driver's license. I'll be sure and share the URL for his shop when he gets is open so you can go check it out!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments: to “


  • 5:15 PM  

    There are so many great online money-making opportunities for teens these days - Etsy, blogging. Not that it's easy but it's such a neat thing. Hope your son gets his Etsy off the ground.

Buttons to take if you'd like to link to my blog

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Blog Archive

Contact Info:

Contact Info:
summerysmile@yahoo.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP