Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Home Home Home Home HomeHomeHomeHome Home Home
Friday, August 19, 2011
0 comments


I have a birthday coming up in a couple of months. I think, "Yikes, I'm getting old!" I don't feel that old and really, I'm not but you know how realizing you are on the 2nd half of your life can be startling. Really though, I have to say I have enjoyed getting older. It took me that long to finally find some things that I really LOVE. I love my yarn and crochet and the new found love of horses...something I never really understood before. Also, the way our family came across this love accidentally is amazing and something that has changed our lives forever. Besides the fact that I just got finished crying my eyeballs while finishing a "horsey" book called "Chosen by a Horse" which is based on a true story, I as thinking about how weird it must be to some people for someone to think horses smell so good. I love pressing my nose to their necks and there is absolutely nothing more cute than a big, silly horsey grin. It makes me smile every day. Like Alison always says, she loves the sound or horses chewing their treats and hay. We have been extremely lucky to be able to spend time with the 33 horses we love each day. Hoses are such humbling creatures to me because of their generosity. They allow us humans so much that they don't have to. Anyway, I know its a sappy post but since this is my personal blog for my personal records then this is why I post.

I stayed home today. I was just so tired from the last week. It was draining to me more because of the sick horses. I was so worried at the beginning of all this that my stomach was turning like I was about to give a speech. Today, i overslept and then took my time around here. I've been washing clothes all day and even cleaned some around the RV. Next thing I have to do is find a box to clean out cabinets and book shelves. The new homeschool curriculum will the coming in soon and it's time for me to get organized! Even though, I didn't plan on going to the stables today, I'm up here anyway. Jeff called me and said they were unsaddling early and Stormy is due for her last injection. The owner's are gone and we are doing it ourselves today. They get a little more resistent with each shot it seems so I'm praying that we can keep her calm for one more shot. Pray for us! LOL

This is that big bundle of horsey sweetness known as "Stormy"...once a scared horse who has now given way to her need for attention and love.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments: to “

Buttons to take if you'd like to link to my blog

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Blog Archive

Contact Info:

Contact Info:
summerysmile@yahoo.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP