Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Home Home Home Home HomeHomeHomeHome Home Home
Sunday, December 08, 2013
0 comments

Yesterday, was a busy day. I cooked chicken and dumplings and we decorated the christmas tree and wrapped presents. I woke up feeling a little icky so I was having a hard time. We had a big mess all over the house and we had to get it all cleaned up.

Alison is so sweet. How many 16 year olds do you know that buy Christmas presents for all of her family and friends with their own money! And she buys good presents too! She was wrapping her presents. She's always so thoughtful.



She saw this Mickey Mouse hat for her "new" nephew and wanted him to have it early so he got to open it yesterday. He LOVES Mickey Mouse!



It was so fun and easy to shop for Brennan this Christmas! I think Alison ended up buying him 4 presents and I bought him 4 things and I crocheted him a Mickey Mouse Ears hat...speaking of which, I need to take a picture of that! It's fun having little ones around for Christmas! Mine are not so little anymore!

Today I got a big order from a friend for Christmas presents. Mostly of stuff I had already crocheted but I had to make another Cluster Stitch Cowl (just like the brown one I already posted). I'm also busy trying to get stuff made for Christmas presents.

I've got a scarf for my son's wife and the cowl I made today to get pictures of but I did get this Christmas gifts finished tonight and managed to get a picture before I head to bed. I'm going to try to get another one of these sets made this week for Alison's dance teacher. And I also have to get another scarf finished by Friday that is a Christmas gift.



I will put something in the mug...either some coffee or I'm thinking of making these Cream Cheese Mints...I vaguely remember having something like this as a kid and thinking they were wonderful. Anyway, worth a try since it can't get much easier!



Cream Cheese Mints

4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
exactly 1/2 teaspoon peppermint or spearmint extract
3 cups powdered sugar

Beat the cream cheese with a mixer until smooth,
add the extract and some of the powdered sugar and
mix until combined well. Then add the remaining sugar
and mix until well combined.

Shape into 1/2" balls and place them on a parchment
lined cookie sheet. Press flat with a fork and then
chill until ready to serve. Store in the refrigerator
in an airtight container for up to two weeks or
freeze for up to two months.

Recently, in November, a photographer friend of mine generously took our pictures. She took some amazing photos for us. I love this picture of Alison with her horse she posted for us today....depicts Alison and her horses bond beautifully.




What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments: to “

Buttons to take if you'd like to link to my blog

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Blog Archive

Contact Info:

Contact Info:
summerysmile@yahoo.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP