Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Home Home Home Home HomeHomeHomeHome Home Home
Monday, October 10, 2011
0 comments

I couldn't get the internet to work all day yesterday. I tried this morning and still no internet....I just came outside to check it again and I seem to have it for the time being. (I have to come outside to pick up the wireless signal) Once we move, I might be without internet for a little while so if you don't hear from me, you'll know why. We plan on getting internet but it might take us little while to get it installed.

We are so excited! Tomorrow is my husband's job interview! Plans have changed though...instead of him flying to Houston, he's meeting him in Laredo, Texas. He talked to the hiring manager today and the guy has to be in Laredo on that day. They are excited about my husband and said they basically plan on starting the application hiring process as soon as he meets him.

We had a really great day at the stables on Saturday. It was cloudy but we didn't get rained out and the riders came steady all day. I wasn't working in the visitor's center so I went up and helped them. Saturday night we got a great rain storm that came through. It rained all night long. We got about 2 1/2 inches. Everyone, including the plants and animals are thanking God around here right now! There was a large ride scheduled for Sunday, so Jeff and Alison went up to the stable in the morning to see what the status was but we were rained out...it was just too muddy to ride so they came home.

There were lots of tents in the dumpsters in the park on Sunday. It's always that way after a rain...people don't want to pack up their wet tents so they just throw them away. We got a very large walk in tent that we assembled and cleaned it all up. Man, wish we would have had that earlier! We're letting it dry out and then put it away since we're moving this week.



Jeff and Michael hiked up the moutain on Sunday. They called me when they got to the top for me to come and take a picture. They were so tiny I could barely see them. You can't really see them in this picture unless you know where you are looking...



So I zoomed in to try to get them...



One Sunday, we also went out to see the house we're going to be living in . Jeff also needed to look at the breaker box because he is going to need to add a 30 amp breaker to the breaker box for our RV. I meant to bring my camera and take some pictures but I forgot it! The house is very cute...it definately works. It's small but big to us compared to the RV. Can't wait to cook in a real oven! This ranch is truly amazing...I came away a little amazed. We got a tour of the barn...if you can call it that! Wow...that is quite a barn. That's all I can say. It's more than a barn and looks like something you would see in a magazine. Everything is neat as a pen and organized. I love organized...organized and I get along very well. It will make doing our daily chores very easy. Everything we could possibly need is there. The feed is neatly organized and labeled in custom built-in bins. The tack room is cleaner than most houses I've been in. There's a meat room with walk-in cooler for cleaning game. We met 4 of the horses but I don't think we met them all. The llamas seem to be quite friendly and they have some really great dogs. Oh, and the chickens...I went to see the chickens and these are no ordinary chickens. One of them had a flat face! Some were really, really fluffy...some had big poofs on their heads. I've never seen chickens like these before. Well, I guess we're going to learn something about chickens! We also drove out to their neighbor's house while we were out there. Jeff has been working for her which is how we ended up getting this job. He finished out the inside of her tack room and he wanted to show it to me. It's an older lady who lives out there with her mother. We ended talking to them for a long time. They are both real nice ladies. Everyone is so nice and keeps telling us how happy they are that we are coming out there. It's hard not to be excited but I am tempering my excitement. It seems to good to be true. Well, another adventure for our family is about to begin....I hope it works out as well as it seems!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments: to “

Buttons to take if you'd like to link to my blog

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Blog Archive

Contact Info:

Contact Info:
summerysmile@yahoo.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP