Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Home Home Home Home HomeHomeHomeHome Home Home
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
0 comments

Well, I have the internet at the moment so I'll take advantage of it and get in a quick post here. I heard Jeff drive away bright and early this morning for his interview. I'm praying for a safe trip for him to Laredo!

I found this Site online that makes afghans for kids with cancer from donated squares.
Share A Square FAQ
I think I'll work on making some squares for this project ~ I love making squares. If you have never sat down with a pattern book of squares and a basket of multi-colored yarn scraps, then you are missing out! Grab a book like "101 Crochet Squares" by Jean Leinhauser and start crocheting using whatever color combinations suit your fancy!



There are lots of links for free patterns online too. I have links to sites on my sidebar. Don't be afraid to try the more difficult looking squares, they end up not being as hard as they look and you learn a lot too. I made a King Sized Crochet afghan this way back in 2006. It took me 1 year to make it but it was one of the most enjoyable projects I've ever done and one that I am most proud of...


I already own the book 101 Crochet Squares but what's more interesting is that when I went to search for the cover image online to show you, I found that apparently the book is out of print now. If you do a Google search for "101 Squares" you will come up with a myriad of links to download this book for free. I'm not sure why that is...I didn't try to download it since I already have it but maybe it is in the public domain now that it is out of print. It's a great book and one I would consider a must have. My copy is so worn out.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments: to “

Buttons to take if you'd like to link to my blog

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Blog Archive

Contact Info:

Contact Info:
summerysmile@yahoo.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP