Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Home Home Home Home HomeHomeHomeHome Home Home
Friday, October 07, 2011
2 comments

Okay, so I did have to go somewhere today. I have to admit I am such a home-body...I just love to "not go anywhere" at least one day a week. You know, walk around looking all sloppy and comfortable. My peaceful day of productivity...cleaning, washing clothes, cooking, and a little crocheting in between was interrupted when Alison announced late this afternoon that she "needed to go see her horse". Okay, so we went to see Princess and had to drive way out to go get her because the horses were not down by the house. The owner's grandson drove us in his truck and we dallied Princess to the bumper and she trotted back with us. Alison did her usual routine...working with her walking and trotting for the show and grooming. Now, we are back home and Michael is working at the front gate in the park and Jeff & Alison are watering the trees. I have Ritz Chicken in the oven.

Between yesterday at dance and today, I did finish another cable panel on my afghan and have started on the next diamond panel. Wow...I'm actually going to finish this afghan BEFORE winter I think!



Getting a picture was next to impossible....the wind has been blowing like COMPLETE MADNESS TODAY! Everything, I mean everything is blowing away outside...stuff I didn't even know WOULD blow away is blowing away. Logs from our woodpile, dishes, chairs, shoes...nothing seems to be safe!

We have been fighting off the skunks like crazy every night...the little critters really just want to sniff around your campsite for food (even if you're in it)...so last night, we finally just decided to stop jumping up and running away and trying to scare them away. I mean all they want is some food.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crochet Quote:

The simple meditative act of knitting (crocheting) may not bring about world peace, but it certainly has made my world more peaceful.”

- - - - Ann budd, book Editor, Interweave Press, Author of numerous knitting books.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



2 comments: to “


  • 11:36 AM  

    Your afghan is coming along quite nicely!! I am working on two, one is a hospitality blanket, old pattern and a shell like one.

    Your husband is kind of brave isnt he, for feeding the skunk!!

    Look forward to the finished afghan! Jean


  • 11:09 PM  

    Can you post your Ritz Chicken recipe? It sounds good!

Buttons to take if you'd like to link to my blog

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Blog Archive

Contact Info:

Contact Info:
summerysmile@yahoo.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP